This post was updated on April 11, 2007 to fix broken images and links.
This is the first season where I make a point to take my camera to games… much to my wife’s dismay because she thinks I look like “The Dork in the Stands Taking Pictures”.
She’s right… I am that dork. Last night we picked up the work tickets, so you should notice a change in perspective. Check this shit out:
First goal of the game… perfect timing.
And, for those of you who loves you some Internet memes:
The game itself started off pretty well, with the Caps taking a 2-0 lead early in the second period. Then, everything went to shit, and all hell broke loose. There were a total of 176 penalty minutes issued during the game, and of those, ten 5-minute stints were for fighting, and seven 10-minuters were game misconducts. Caps defenseman John Erskine led the pack with 29 minutes in penalties. It was a bloodbath, and I have the photos to prove it.
- That first goal again, larger & without the annotation.
- The puck flying mere inches above Olie Kolzig’s catching glove.
- Alex Ovechkin
- Jamie Heward & Donald Brashear waiting for a faceoff.
- Chris Clark with his crunk-ass grill (suck it, Li’l John).
- Brashear winding up for a haymaker against Vishnevski.
- Johan Hedberg gets a leaving the crease penalty when he tries to jump in against Erskine.
- Then, Zolzig has to give him a stern talking to (he got the same penalty).
- A collection of discarded equipment.
- BLOOD ON THE ICE!
- Brian Sutherby kicks the shit out of Brad Larsen.
- Heward catches one on the chin, courtesy of Scott Mellanby.
- Look at how empty the benches were at the end of the game.
- And, finally, one of the linesman scratching his ass… which is what he did the majority of the game anyway.